Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Jan 1, 2014

THMJ Week of 12/22/13

  Merry Christmas!

    In my life this week…
We finished Christmas prep, did less cooking than I intended because of all the power outages, entertained Christine, tried to stay warm...  It was a good week.

    In our homeschool this week…

We were frequently interrupted by power outages all week.  We maybe didn't have much school this week.

    What we're reading... 
We finished Jotham's Journey

Mere Christianity
Homeschool Adventure Co.'s Mere Christianity: Critical Analysis Journal 

    Around the house... 
The power was out for over 90 hours this week, at least part of every single day except Christmas. 

    Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We dragged Christine to Church Street for some wandering and shopping.


    My favorite thing this week was…

Christine was here!  She brought T-Rex with her.  We cooked.  We went to "the city."

    My kiddos favorite thing this week was…

Christine was here!  She is way more fun than mommy.  :)

    Things I’m working on…

Baby crinkle paper.  This went into some tactile wipe container toys I made.  Merrick still plays with his.  I made three more for Christmas gifts.



    Things Dad is working on...
Micah made (yes, I said he *made* them!) Tetris cookie cutters and The Bigger (Dave) made me some cookies with them.  One of the most thoughtful gifts ever.

 

    I’m cooking…

The usual ham, scalloped potatoes, and sweet potato casserole for Christmas dinner.  After Christine arrived, we did some fun cooking, although not as much as we would have had we had power all week.  She made a barley and parmesan thing that was so yummy.  We made hummus and a soup with quinoa, spinach, and potatoes.  

    Out of the mouths of boys... 
Talking about safety with Mal and Xav, I asked them our address, phone numbers, and Mommy and Daddy's names.
Mal:  Mr. and Mrs. Gxxxxxx?
Me:  Well, yes.  But what are our first names?
Mal:  Um, Jodi.
Me:  Yes.  And Daddy is...?
Mal:  *blank*
Me:  What does Mommy call Daddy?
Mal:  *brightens*  OH!  Loverbutterbean!

    I’m grateful for…

So many things, I'm planning a post for it.

    I’m praying for…

The homeless and hungry.  

    A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

A great article about the value of the teenage workforce.  Are we helping or hindering them by overpaying?

Link up over at The Homeschool Mother's Journal.


No comments: