Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Jan 21, 2014

THMJ Week of 1/12/14

    In my life this week…
I helped Xav play a prank on his Daddy.
He planned it all out on his own.  He hasn't been sleeping downstairs since the other night. He sneaked down and got into bed.  My role was to send Dad to bed early "so he doesn't miss a second of work." says Xav, tell him I wanted to sleep alone, so he should go downstairs.  (I had to send him early so Xav would still be awake.)  Micah actually didn't see Xav go downstairs.  He played along with the rest of the joke.  When he got to the basement bedroom, he shouted, "Hey! Is this some kind of trick?" just like Xav wanted him to.  That kid was so tickled to be able to pull one over on his Dad!  He thought he could do the same thing the following night with the same results, but I told him I didn't think Daddy would fall for it two nights in a row!

    In our homeschool this week…

I shared this story on FaceBook, but here it is again.

We were having a MISERABLE day. After everyone took a rest (separate rooms, quiet time), I had them come out to the computer to see our first Kinderbach lesson and I told them how fun this game was. Mal crossed his arms and yelled, "I hate singing and dancing and I'm not going to do it!" I told him that it wasn't singing and dancing and he would be playing the game. I started it up and Xav got so excited. "We used to play this game in recorder class!" It didn't take Mal long to catch Xav's enthusiasm. He played along and laughed and flopped around. They enjoyed it so much, they played it three more times. We were all laughing by the time it was done. I wanted to cry, and not out of anger and frustration!
Already, the Schoolhouse Review Crew is blessing us!

    In our homeschool co-op this week... 
Picture day!
Magic Schoolbus Science -  Color!  We watched the rainbow episode, looked at the world through rainbow glasses, did the colored milk experiment, and played with light paddles.
Duct Tape Art - Mal made beads and strung a necklace.
Nature - Xav used two soda bottles to make a tornado.
Amazing Body - Mal took a short break to read a book and then joined the class and started preparing the parts to stuff into his skeleton.
Art Class - Xav created a little snowman scene on a blue paper plate.
Archery was cancelled.


    What we're reading... 
The Boxcar Children #2



    Around the house... 
High temps this week were in the 40's.  After -23* one night last week, it was super pleasant, except for the rain.  I was reminded that old frostbite can still be felt even when the temperature seems high.

    My favorite thing this week was…
Merrick's birthday!  Happy birthday, Baby Monkey!  While he loved the taste, he did not like the mess.


    My kiddos favorite thing this week was…

Xav definitely enjoyed all the cupcakes.  It's all about food with that kid.

    Things I’m working on…

My blog.

    Things Dad is working on...
Organizing files and pictures on the back up drive. 

    I’m cooking…

Birthday cupcakes!  Colleen told me how easy it is to use a decorator to frost cupcakes.  I am not a talented cake decorator, but I have one of those tube jobbies with several nozzle thingies.  The whole time I was messily loading it with frosting, I was thinking about how much grief I was going to give to her over this.  And then I piped the frosting on a cupcake.  Be still my heart!  It was so easy and looked so nice.  The only thing I didn't expect was how much frosting it would take!  Thanks, C.  I take back every mean thought I had that day.

I also made some shortbread-type cookies with these yummy cocoa nibs that Christine gave me.  I'm sad to say, the cookies were NOT tasty, but the cocoa nibs are.  I only used half the package, so I will use the rest in a different cookie recipe.

    Out of the mouths of boys... 
Long after bedtime, I had to go into the Bigger Littles' room and tell them to quit playing and go to sleep.  In a sing-song voice, Mal said, "But, Mom, I'm playing Jer-i-cho.  Bible stories are your fav-o-riiiite."

    A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

Homeschool Barbie

Follow us over to The Homeschool Mother's Journal Linky.




No comments: