Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Jan 24, 2014

Homeschool Essentials: Co-op

5 Days of Homeschooling Essentials
It's Friday of our Homeschool Essentials week.  And my favorite thing about Friday is Christian Friday School, our homeschool co-op.

There was a time when I really felt lonely for women friends who were "like me," women with littles, who loved God, who. LIVE. NEARBY.  I used to pray and cry for a deep friendship.  Since then, I've gotten to know some wonderful ladies and have grown ups to talk to on Friday (and other days, too!).  This is actually the first year, that I haven't taught or helped in one or the other of the Bigger Littles classes all day.  I'm in the nursery third period and on the clean up crew fourth, so I actually have more time to talk to people over four feet tall.  It's seriously Heavenly.

I have lovely Christian women to turn to for prayer and strength, veteran homeschoolers to guide me through Vermont's homeschool requirements, and families to share and laugh with.  I even gained a few baby sitters among the teen girls.

My boys have friends to interact with and older students to look up to.  This is especially important to Xavier who craves social opportunities.  They get to learn things I probably wouldn't be teaching to them.  Even with the classes I teach at co-op, we probably spend more in-depth time on some subjects than we might at home.   Merrick even sometimes participates in a very active class for the littlest littles.

Micah also teaches at co-op.  This is his second year teaching.  He works with the older students and teaches exciting things like electronics and survival skills.  He hasn't lost a student yet!

Co-op is exciting and exhausting.  Every other Friday we are about to drop in our tracks, especially since our library trip is usually after co-op.   But I've grown to love many of the families and I don't know what I'd do without them.


Lisa @ A Rup Life
Jordyn @ Almost Supermom
Jenn @ Teaching Two Stinkers
Crystal @ Crystal Starr Blog
Jennifer @ Chestnut Grove Academy
Brandi @ Brandi Raae
Wendy @ Simplicity Breeds Happiness
Kym @ Homeschool Coffee Break
Lynn @ Ladybug Chronicles

3 comments:

Kym said...

Co-ops really can be such a blessing! We have loved the co-ops we've been able to participate in. This is the first year we haven't done co-op, and I don't regret our decision but I certainly do miss the time together with like-minded families!

A Rup Life said...

I like that your co-op is every other friday - seems like a perfect closer for the week! We haven't participated in one yet but may in the future when we have highschoolers.

Lynn said...

friendships are such a blessing to us homeschool parents as we spend so much time around our kids. That's great you found some interaction with your co-op..