Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Oct 15, 2010

Ow. Ow. Ow.

Ugh! I got sucked into a 30 Day Shred challenge at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. Not sure what the 30 Day Shred is? Well, I don't watch The Biggest Loser, but I keep hearing this Jillian Michaels is tough. I have just finished the seventh consecutive day of the Shred. I've also continued my regular hour long Zumba classes on Monday and Wednesday. This has been an achy, but exhilarating week!

The Shred is not an easy workout by any means. Jillian makes big promises. I have some hope for delivering on that promise. It has been interesting to notice the flow of ache through my body this week. The first couple days it was my calves and lower abs, then my shins developed an ache that I wouldn't exactly call shinsplints, but... Yesterday, my back and thighs were achy. Now I just have the all over ache that feels like I'm coming down with something (hope I'm not). I'm still on level 1, so it was strange how the ache shifted from muscle to muscle over several days.

I am disappointed by two things at this point. You can't fast forward, skip, or menu out of her intro so I have to watch her blah, blah, blah every single day. Jillian also has a bit of a potty mouth. She's no sailor, but I do have two small children. I realize you can turn her off, but how am I supposed to know when to switch exercises for the ones where I can't watch the screen?

No comments: