Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Oct 19, 2010

Daddy's Occupation

It was my turn to teach Xav's Sunday school class the other day. We talked about Esther and how it was God's plan for her to become King Xerxes' wife. We also talked about what God's plans might be for the children (2-4 year olds). I asked each of them what they wanted to be when they grew up.

Xav: I want to be just like my daddy.
Me: Do you know what daddy does?
Xav: He goes to work and he runs.
I explained that daddy does run a lot, but that isn't his job. Daddy is an engineer. Xav gasped and got all excited with eyes as big as saucers.
Xav: Daddy is a ENGINEER?!
Oh how I could see the wheels turning in his little head. His daddy drives a TRAIN! I had to break it to him that daddy was not a train engineer. He was so sad. I am still laughing about it two days later.

No comments: