Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Oct 26, 2010

Give Me Your Eyes

After a horrible, awful, rotten day with my boys yesterday, I climbed into the car to head for Zumba. I had the radio tuned to K-Love. The first words I hear are the chorus, "...give me your eyes for just one second, give me your eyes so I can see, everything that I keep missing, give me your love for humanity..."



Oh, to be able to look at my children "for just one second" with God's eyes. To see the beauty of His creation that He sees even in our worst moments of our worst day, to love them the way that He loves them. Just for one second. I'd love to know in advance that the second was coming so I could grab hold of the picture in my mind's eye and hold the feeling in my heart. To be able to go back to that second and remember even when the sight and feeling are gone.

I love my boys, just not as well as God does.

No comments: