Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Oct 14, 2010

Mean Girls

I was listening to Casting Crowns tonight. Something struck me as so completely mistaken in the song If We Are the Body.

"The girls' teasing laughter is carrying farther than they know."

No. It very likely isn't. They know exactly how far their hurtful words and laughter are traveling. And that fills me with sorrow.

I was a pretty "good" kid in school and so were my friends. But all this time that has come and gone and I still remember an absolutely deplorable act in about tenth grade. I was pretty mean to a girl who liked my friend's boyfriend. I offered up a fake apology. And then we all laughed about it. Loudly. Pretty rotten. The worst part was that the second I did what I did, I realized that I could have *really* injured her. I don't even remember her name now. But it makes me sick to think of hurting that girl.

Girls can be pretty mean. Sadly, some of us grow up to be mean, petty women. Christian ladies, I beg you, let's all show someone God's Love this week. Let's be His body.

No comments: