Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Mar 2, 2017

G is for... Chocolate!


No.  That isn't a typo.  G *is* for chocolate, really Good Chocolate.  Namely Ghiradelli chocolate.  Aaaand Lindt.  And Ferrero Roche and Rondnoir.  And...  You get the gist. 

You may have noticed I like chocolate quite a bit.  I managed to run a series about hot cocoa one winter, for crying out loud.  I eat cocoa roasted almonds.  I drink chocolate mint tea.  I eat chocolate every. single. day.  I would say chocolate is *very* responsible for my slow weight loss.  No.  Not chocolate, but the *love* of chocolate.  (See what I did there?)

Chocolate means way too much to me.  As yesterday was Ash Wednesday, or the first day of Lent, I gave up chocolate.

Some of the chocolate in my house right now.

I only put one of each thing in there, but there are BAGS of tasty chocolate in this house.  You may have noticed there is no actual high quality chocolate in this pile.  That is because I ate it.  I literally ate every piece of Good chocolate in the house on Monday and Tuesday (except for the ice cream and almonds).  I also am out of chocolate mint tea.  Thinking about my binge session just makes me want to cry.  I don't even know what is the saddest part.
  • I wanted the chocolate so much, I ate it before Lent started.
  • I binged so I could have it *all*.
  • I sabotaged my weight loss and health.
  • I did not even take the time to enjoy it.

Lately, I've been thinking about persecuted Christians.  I wonder if I could be strong enough to be true to Christ if this thing or that thing happened.  My heart breaks for the people who have to make those decisions.  Then, here it was, the first day of Lent, and my brain actually for one minute said, "Screw it.  I'm not Catholic.  Forget this Lent stuff.  I'm going to eat that chocolate."  I was shocked at what was in my brain.  For a split second, I wasn't even feeling willing to GIVE UP CHOCOLATE for 40 days.

Then I thought about every single thing Christ did for me.  ME.  The girl who contemplates giving up on giving up chocolate on the first day of Lent.  And I thought.  Man, "that girl" really needs her some Jesus.

God help me.  Please.




A Net In Time Schooling




My other G Posts
Gentle



4 comments:

ReneeK said...

You made me chuckle this morning. I love chocolate too and I'm sure it affects my weight lose also. Chocolate is just way to tempting.

Amanda H said...

I have never been in love with chocolate as other women seem to be, but my daughter...watch out for that one! She makes up for my lack of interest times 2!! :-)

Annette said...

I love it... oh...it's hard to give up some of those things isn't it? And give up chocolate that would be hard...

Tatiana said...

I gotta tell you I almost chocked on my double dark chocolate chip ice cream as I read this!! Yes G is for good chocolate, my favorite kind. I too though about giving something up for lent, then I also reminded myself I'm not catholic and opted not to give anything up. I need me some Jesus too, and maybe a little break from chocolate as well.
Thank you for posting this.