Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Nov 26, 2013

THMJ Week of 11/17/13

    In my life this week…
I was accepted as a blogger for the 2014 Schoolhouse Review Crew!  I'm really looking forward to getting to know the other mom bloggers and sharing about all kinds of terrific homeschool resources.  I hope our experiences with the products will help some of you!

    In our homeschool this week…

Despite my decision to not take off much school for Thanksgiving, we only did school Monday and Tuesday this week.  We had a house full of sick males.  Even Daddy was sick.  My turn will probably come soon, so we'll miss even more school.

    In our homeschool co-op this week…
We played hooky.  Some things you just don't share and germs fit in that category.

    Around the house... 
The clothes dryer broke.  We found about $10 in change inside it, as well as some odds and ends.  Micah was able to open it up and fix it himself, one of the *many* benefits of older appliances.  While we waited for the part, I was able to do a small load each day.  That took all day to dry on a rack in the living room, so some laundry piled up.  Thankfully, the part arrived quickly and I got all caught up in one day.

The dime is so neatly sliced in half. I have to wonder what happened to the rest of it.

Helping Daddy repair the dryer.

I gave Mal and Xav haircuts.  While I was clipping away, Merrick decided he needed a "shampoo."


    Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
This link to a homeschool Minecraft site looks interesting.  To be honest, I know zero about it.  I'm intrigued though and hear good things for homeschool use.

    Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

Nowhere.  At all.
Well, we did put in a brief appearance for an Antiquities photo shoot.  Thankfully, the boys were on the mend.  The kids looked so sweet.  Our sitting went really smoothly, until Merrick got bored.  He was done being photographed, so he just got to leave the room.  This is the fourth time we've participated and I've never been disappointed with the end result.  It's a great fundraiser.

    Things Dad is working on...
Micah helped the chickens decorate for Christmas. 


    I’m cooking…

I used a plain white bread recipe to make cinnamon swirl bread for toast.  It was a great recipe for cottage loaf (crispy outside), but I didn't love it for sandwich/toast bread.

    Out of the mouths of babes... 
Merrick knows what the fox says (video).  With no prompting whatsoever, except asking him what various animals say, he told us exactly what the fox says.  Other than Micah and I singing a random line or two out of the blue, I don't think any of the boys have heard the song.

    I’m grateful for…

God's protection and leading of a friend who was at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin during this.  At lunch time, she nearly left the area her son was being treated in, immediately before the lock down.  I can only imagine how a forced separation would have upset Mama.

    I’m praying for…

Friends with medical needs,

    We rewarded the kids this week by…

Hershey kisses for everyone!

    Something I am ogling or have my eye on…

Simon.  Yes, I want a Simon.  The classic game, not the mini game, the carabiner game, Simon Flash, or Simon 2.

Once again, I'm linking up at The Homeschool Mother's Journal.  See you over there.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Welcome to the crew! I loved playing Simon as a child. The mini version is just not the same.