Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Dec 4, 2013

THMJ Week of 11/24/13

    In my life this week…
Thanksgiving was great, had all my boys home.  Xav is always super duper excited to see Dave.  He wants him to move back home.  He also wants Christine to come live with us for a year.  I think we'd need another bathroom or two.

    In our homeschool this week…

Another short week with two days off for turkey day.  Mal asked why we don't have school on Saturday and Sunday.  I told him we could if he wanted.  He declined.  We're schooling pretty much year round anyway, why not add more days per week?

    What we're reading this week...
Little Pilgrim's Progress (read-aloud)
*Finally* finished Call to the Heart and Thunder in Paradise: Satan's Last Storm. 
As an aside, why is Christian fiction so painfully mediocre?

    Around the house... 
Merrick has learned to take his clothes off and put them back on, but not that the temperature might warrant *leaving* them on.  His very own Thanksgiving party (video)

    My favorite thing this week was…

Not getting sick.  Yeah, baby!  I dodged the sick bullet!

    My kiddos favorite thing this week was…

Probably Dave's visit.  Neither of the middles are very into real food, so the Thanksgiving dinner was nothing to them.  Weirdos.

    Things I’m working on…

Picking up the house and cleaning out.  One small fire at a time.  Not sure it will ever be done, but I'm determined to keep making "imperfect progress."

    Things Dad is working on...
Probably working hard to not go crazy since my iDaughter has given up connecting through our internet at home and is always using 4G.  Apparently Facebook uses up a lot of interweb stuff (I believe that is the technical name for it), and we will be charged $20 if I use any more magic, sparkle, interweb stuff before Christmas.  That's right!  FB used up my limit in a flippin' week.  Color me boggled.  Technology and I are not friends.

    I’m cooking…

We had bird and all the usual stuff for dinner.  I baked the rolls from scratch this year.  Sometimes, I use parbaked from the grocery store, but not this time.  I love it when it cools down outside and baking doesn't heat the house up.

    I could not get a decent picture of four boys to save my life!

    Something I am ogling or have my eye on…T25.  I have Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, but she says a few swears AND it ticks me off beyond belief that you can't FF through her intoblahblahblah, so I have to hear it every. single.  day.  I've been using Leslie Sansone's Shortcuts videos and she is sweet as pie and I adore her, but the workout is relatively light.  Anyone know if there are any swears on T25 Alpha?

    A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

This hilarious Pinterest board.  My imaginary well-dressed toddler daughter.

Sub-zero temps are waaaaaay to cold for November.  That kind of stunt has no business being pulled before January or February!  None. Oh!  And what in the world is "freezing fog?"  Micah supposes it's the kind you drive through and leave a car shaped hole.


Linking up at The Homeschool Mother's Journal!   At least, I will be if there is a linkup this week.


No comments: