Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Dec 20, 2013

THMJ Week of 12/8/13

    In my life this week…
It is wicked frigid this week, with temps below zero several nights already this year.
The chickens finally started laying eggs.  Well, at least one of them is anyway.  So far, I found one medium sized egg at the beginning of the week, one shell-less freeze dried yolk (yuck!), and one large egg that had frozen and cracked.  That's one egg for us and two for the compost.  Not bad for feeding and housing those stupid birds for over 21 weeks.

    In our homeschool this week…

We used SchoolhouseTeachers.com a lot this week.  I appreciated the quality of the classes we used.  Now I think it *might* be time to start thinking about adding one of the foreign language courses on the site.

    In our homeschool co-op this week... 
Our Christmas party!  We had so much fun.  Malachi was nervous about accepting his gift in front of everyone.  Afterward, he said, "I am never doing that again!"  So cute. 

    What we're reading... 
Read-alouds
  • Jotham's Journey
  • A multitude of Christmas picture books.

Personal Reading
  • Mere Christianity and the Critical Analysis Journal
    Around the house... 
I won a 6x6" canvas this summer. I finally painted some canvases to hang with it.  I {{love}} all my boys.  I'm not 100% sure I will stick with this layout, but I'm good with it for now.



    My favorite thing this week was…

Date night!  We had so much fun at a *grown up* party!  No kids.  Hilarity ensued!  The usual hour home took nearly two and our poor sitter got snowed in with us.  OK.  That part may not have been a favorite.  :D  

    The kiddos favorite thing this week was...
Learning to play Twister.  Or maybe that was my favorite thing to watch!


    I’m cooking…
It is a no cook recipe, but I made pickle rolls for two gatherings this week.  You just spread a flour tortilla with cream cheese, layer on some cold cuts (I used ham and turkey), and roll around some dill pickles.  Then slice them into bite-sized pieces.  We only had a few leftover from the Friday School party and none at all from another gathering.  That makes them a hit in my book.  When I was a kid, my mom used to make something similar with sweet gherkins and a slice of bologna.

    Out of the mouths of babes... 
Xavier was talking to Micah about divorce.  He told Micah if he and I ever stopped loving each other he would build a heart shaped wall around us and make us stay in it until we loved each other again.



Guess that's about it for this week!  Don't forget to check out all the other moms at The Homeschool Mother's Journal!








No comments: