Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Nov 18, 2013

THMJ Week of 11/10/13

    In my life this week…
I had a few hours of girl time at Trish's house during her scrapbook event.  I worked on a couple odd projects, like decorating note books and coloring the Jesse Tree ornaments I got from Confessions of a Homeschooler. Trish is a great cook and served stollen and a yummy cranberry-apple chutney.

    In our homeschool this week…

In our God's World News magazines, we read about Bolivia.  And Chuño, an interesting potato product.


    Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

This is a short grammar quiz.  I scored 94%.  How about you?

    Places we’re going and people we’re seeing...

The boys had Royal Rangers, where Mal is working on a model rocket. 

    My favorite thing this week was…

Exercising with Merrick.  Yeah.  That was fabulous.  Every time.  He climbs on me, crawls  under me, expects me to lift him up.  It's great.


    My kiddos favorite thing this week was…

Pumpkin Smashing Day.  It's a holiday created by daddy.  Every year, shortly after halloween, the boys smash their carved pumpkins.  This year was eXtreme pumpkin smashing which involved throwing them from the treehouse (video).  Terrific.

    Things I’m working on…

I'm trying to get through one pile of "stuff" around the house each night.  The piles are still there, just getting smaller.  As space opens up, things can find a new home, maybe far away.

    Things Dad is working on...
 Figuring out how we are going to keep the chickens watered all winter.  Last time we had chickens, we used an old crock pot.  Steeeeen-key.  Looks like it will be a light bulb and a cinder block.

    I’m cooking…

Not a single new or exciting thing.  But I have a hankering for cinnamon swirl bread for toast.  Maybe I will make that soon.

    Out of the mouths of babes... 
Ready, set, go! says Merrick.  Sort of.  

    I’m praying for…

Operation Christmas Child volunteers, workers, and recipients.
The Philippines.

    Something I am ogling or have my eye on…
Well, more like debating about.  What do I need more a good blender or a food processor?  Reasonably priced.  Suggestions? 

    A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

This video was so sweet and funny.  I loved it.  Don't be thrown off by the spammy sounding title.  It sounds like all the facebook sidebar ads, "This one simple trick will...".  Whatever.  But I think you'll enjoy it.


Link up at So You Call Yourself a Homeschooler.

No comments: