Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Mar 24, 2016

Taters

I made some potatoes that are a combination of loaded baked potatoes and twice baked potatoes.  I'd like to make them again and thought maybe others would like them, too.  What better place to put them for quick reference than here?

Preheat oven to 350* (unless you are baking the potatoes in the oven already).

2 large russet potatoes
2 cloves of garlic (this might be a little much for some)
2-4 oz of cheddar, shredded
3 strips of cooked bacon (plus more for nibbling)
some rough chopped broccoli, steamed
about 3 Tbsp butter
about 1/4 c milk, half and half, or cream
salt and pepper to taste
(Aaaaaaaand I forgot the scallions!)

I "baked" the potatoes in the microwave, ahem.  Don't forget to poke some holes in them.  You don't want to have an Almonzo Wilder moment*.  Cut them in half the long way.  Scoop most of the inner potato into a bowl.  I used my Pampered Chef garlic press to add the garlic.  Crumble the bacon, eat some.  Crumble more bacon.  Mix in the steamed broccoli, butter, milk, salt, and pepper into the other ingredients.  Divide the filling between the four potato halves.  Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and put in the oven until heated through, about 15 minutes.



*In Farmer Boy, a hot potato blows up in Almonzo's face!

No comments: