Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Sep 12, 2010

Early Birthday Party

Some of you know my birthday was last Tuesday. Fewer of you know I have a step-daughter. The bigger has an older half-sister. I loved her when she was a baby and a toddler and a preschooler. Then for various reasons she was not a part of our lives. The bigger found her again a few years ago and I saw her briefly shortly after that.

Well, I was so excited to hear she was visiting Dave last weekend. I invited them over and used homemade pizza and decadent birthday cake to lure them away from the sights and delights of Vermont to visit with me.

I face a bit of a conundrum where Big Sis is concerned. I have not been with their father since she and the bigger were much, much smaller. So, the $2M question? Is she still my step-daughter? I don't know if divorce, time, and distance can nullify that kind of relationship, but I never stopped loving my first (and only) little girl. I hope her mom is OK with that.

Anyhoo, here are some pictures. I know she is looking forward to seeing them too.
I don't think anyone was quite prepared for the cold snap! Brrr!Cass is so funny.All "my" kids.And the absolutely delish pizza Micah made. Regular and Buffalo Chicken. That's all that was left after dinner and by the end of the night, they were gone too!

No comments: