Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Feb 25, 2014

THMJ Week of 2/16/14

    In my life this week…
Getting some blog reviews ready to post next week.  Some pretty cool stuff to tell you all about.

I was telling Micah about an email I got from Chili's asking why I never use the coupons they email me (kind of creepy that they know), so I gave them some feedback that basically said the coupons are all dine in, they are an hour away, and I have three young boys, so we are more like a take-out family.  Micah listened quietly then told me to go look on the counter.  I hadn't even seen him bring them in...  *giddies*  My favorite southwest eggrolls from Chili's!  He's terrific!

    In our homeschool this week…

I've found that giving Xav the "job" of working the mouse for Merrick when he plays on StarFall makes for a more harmonious home.  He and Merrick are engaged and Mal is left alone.  Peaceful.
We are using a new book, Asia: Its People and History this month.

    In Rangers this week... 
Malachi said he had a tummy ache, so he and daddy stayed home.  Merrick refused to finish getting ready when it was time to go, so he ended up staying home out of stubbornness.  I headed off to Rainbows with Ms. Teri and Xav went to Ranger Kids.  He heard about Ms. Sue's daughter's miraculous recovery, came home with a paper airplane and more paper to make another because, apparently, "their paper works better than ours."  P verse:  Praise the Lord for it is good to sing praises to our God. Psalm 147:1

    What we're reading... 
Egg-cellent Easter Adventure again and again...
Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims
Encyclopedia Brown 

IndoctriNation 

     Fun boy stuff...

Using two adjustable rods, we put up our hall tent.


Outside, there were tunnels to dig.  Micah started one.  Xav and I expended the first and added the second entrance to make a tunnel.

 

The next day, Mal helped dig and they put a third entrance on the other side, digging a Y into the snow pile.  That's Mal inside the original entrance.


     Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
The library was exciting for Merrick this week.  As well as the usual dot markers, he got to use one of their iPads for the first time.  He played an Elmo ABC game.



Listening to a family favorite, The Monster at the End of This Book 
Saturday involved a trip to Lowe's Build and Grow.  They hadn't gone in a long while.  The project was a claw game of their very own.  This trip also involved donuts and Toys R Us.
 
    Things Dad is working on...
Being sneaky and devious.  He sent me off to the store and when I got back, he had installed lighting under the upper kitchen cabinets.  Sneaky. 

    I’m cooking…

Sunday I cooked a few meals to get them out of the way.  I made shells and cheese for Mal for his lunches.  It lasted two days.  I also made plain pasta in sauce and sloppy joes.  Xav decided he loves messy burgers and this makes me happy.  I also marinated chicken in speidie sauce.  If you are ever in western NY (anywhere near Binghamton), find a speidie.  Yum.  I like the chicken grilled with veggies or fried with peppers and onion on a nice, chewy roll.

    Out of the mouths of boys... 
Xav: Was there an actual battle from the Evolutionary war fought at our house?
Me: Revolutionary?  No.  I don't think so. 

    I’m grateful for…

OK, this was foolish, but I freaked out Monday when Xav was out digging a tunnel in the front yard and he disappeared.  I went to the door and yelled and YELLED.  Nothing.  I went in and threw on my boots, saying, "Please, God, let him be OK."  I headed out the door and there he was across the yard traipsing through the path Micah and Mal made snowshoeing.  He was around the house and hadn't heard me.  So, of course, I started bawling.  I thanked God, and bawled, and thanked Him again.  

    I’m praying for…

Friends with health issues, life changing decisions they need to make, and wisdom to deal with some sticky issues.  Venezuela.  China.  Of course, I'm always praying for my family and myself.

    We rewarded the kids this week by…

We used our Book It rewards at Pizza Hut this week.
Dad took the punks to Toys R Us with some fun money Grandma of the Forest sent out for them.  They brought home pizza and donuts.  We never eat out or get take out this much.  I'd say I was rewarded this weekend because I didn't have to cook three meals! 

    Something I am ogling or have my eye on…

UGH!  I saw a Cricut on clearance.  I've kind of wanted one for a long while.  Now I'm thinking about all kinds of things besides scrapbooking and card making I *could* do with one.  I'm hoping it's still there when I go back.  Kicking myself!
Yippee!  Wahoo!  I went back on Saturday and it was there!  Mine!  Mine!  Mine!

    A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

A great quote.
When you allow the wrong people into your house, stuff will come up missing, like: joy, peace, love, hope, faith... (Yes, people steal these things.)

And as a wise friend pointed out, it isn't just your house, but your life and your heart.  I just googled the quote so I could give a proper attribution.  I didn't find anything earlier than this.  I know nothing about the blog or blogger, but thought the quote was worth a reminder.


I am trying to link at the following places, but my posting schedule isn't quite working out. I end up posting a week late, if I remember.  I don't finish my wrap up on Friday because I run on a calendar week and include weekends.  It's usually Tuesday when I finish a post.  I'm not sure if I need to rethink my schedule or look for new link ups.  Do you have any suggestions?  Please let me know in the comments or tell me when you see me.

The Homeschool Mother's Journal
Christian Fellowship Friday
Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers

No comments: