Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

May 17, 2014

THMJ Week of 4/27/14

    In my life this week…
We're visiting all the grands in NY this week.  The boys are having a great time.  I took a van load of loot to rummage sale day in my dad's town.  It was very nice to make some money and get rid of some of our stuff.  And I have *never* seen this much traffic there.


    In our homeschool this week…
Vacation started mid-week.  We brought some school books, memory verses, and such.  I admit, we've not really had the time or inclination to use any of it.

    In our homeschool co-op this week... 
No school this week.  CFS took a field trip to Green Mountain Coffee, but we weren't home to go.

    In Rangers this week... 
No Rangers meeting this week.  They participated in a COTS walk instead.  The punks and I were out of town.

    What we're reading... 
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  And then we left for vacation.

    In the yard... 
When Micah moved the hen house, two escaped.  They were quick to go back in when dinner time rolled around.

    Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

We had awful weather for the long trip.  I drove through lots of rain!

Grandma and Poppa of the Forest - we stayed there Wednesday and Thursday night.  The boys couldn't wait to take all the big toys out and dig in the mud!  Xav was super excited to play with his cousin Nathan.  Apparently Ryan was dreading a visit with Mal as much as Mal was hoping to avoid Ry.  Noah is getting big.  And adorable.
My nap buddy...

Grandma Jeannie and Papa Toonie - we were there for a few hours Friday and then all day Saturday.  It was kind of dreary out.  Saturday was rummage sale day!  Mal got a terrific book about steam trains.  Xav found a mitt and a small vehicle building set at the sales.  Saw my sisters and their kids, but didn't get to see my great-niece or my brother and his family on this trip.
Giving BooBear a ride down Papa Toonie's ramp.  Wheeeeee!

Grandma Char and Grandpa Bob - staying here the rest of the trip.  Merrick got to sleep in a toddler bed.  He only rolled out a couple of times!  There were new scooters for Mal and Xav along with all of Grandma's usual trains.  And the TV.  I can see the weaning off the TV when we get home isn't going to make anyone happy.  We're hearing lots of trains, but haven't seen any except those sitting at the depot. 


Not my favorite part - chipped windshield.



    Things Dad is working on...
Top secret stuffs in the boys' room while we are out of the house. 

    Out of the mouths of boys...
Malachi watching The Rescuers, regarding Medusa.
I hate that woman.  She has a temper like Queen Jezebel!

    A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…
What's in the Bible? video six trailer.  Jezebel starts around 1:00.


    This week's reviews... 
Schoolhouse Review Crew Artistic Pursuits
Schoolhouse Review Crew The Brinkman Adventures (including mine)

No comments: