Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Apr 24, 2014

THMJ Week of 4/13/14


    In my life… 
There's an old joke that says, "If you don't like the weather in Vermont, just wait five minutes."  I think that can apply to just about anywhere, but this week, it was terribly accurate.  We had an 80*F day, followed by flooding the next day, and about five inches of snow that night.


Merrick sometimes insists we let him dress himself.


    In our homeschool…
We started Apologia's What in the World Can I Do? which is the fourth book in the What We Believe series.  I'm looking forward to telling you about that.

    In our homeschool co-op...
Friday School was moved to Thursday this week due to Good Friday. 
Magic School Bus Science - Magic School Bus Gets Charged.  We talked about the electrical items people use to get ready in the morning and lit some Christmas bulbs with batteries. 
Wiggles and Giggles - Merrick chose the nursery this week.  Silly kid.
Duct Tape Art - Mal and I finished his tote bag, which has no less than six different tape colors/prints.  Some of the kids finished and made flower pen toppers.
Amazing Body - I think the class played a trivia game.  Not sure that Mal really participated.
Nature -Xav made a solar system with glitter (!) stars.
Arts and Crafts -Xav worked on a Mother's Day project.
Archery - There was a competition of sorts with a timer.  Xav told me his team got the most points.
Conveniently, the homeschool running group was moved to Friday.  
Xav and I each did 4 laps.  We could have done more, but Xav's friend wanted to stop and he was happy to stop as well.  Merrick was out of the stroller by then and he had zero interest in another lap OR sitting in the stroller.  Mal did two laps with me.

    In Rangers... 
W Verse: When I am afraid, I will trust in you.  Psalm 56:3

    What we're reading...
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

    In the yard... 
Sunday Kite flying didn't go as well as I had hoped.  The wind was sort of fighting itself.  I think it was blowing into the hill behind the house, and coming back on itself.  My favorite (20 year old kite) was broken, we were missing a piece from last year's kite, Poppa of the Forest's kite didn't want to stay up.  We could only fly the star kite.  Still, it was a fun challenge.

Our mallard duck pair returned Sunday and the day after that we noticed our hawk was in the tree near the pond.  Coincidence?

The kids and neighbor have been finding salamanders and frogs in the pond.

    A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…
Here's a link for free milkweed seeds.  Monarchs love milkweed.  It makes them poisonous to predators. 

Linking at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers
and The Homeschool Mother's Journal

No comments: