Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Oct 21, 2017

B is for Planting Bulbs


After a busy afternoon at a tractor themed event at the library and an Operation Christmas Child shoebox packing party (followed by a nap for me!), I planted bulbs tonight with the littlest two punks while Mal manned the "leaf burning station" AKA fire pit.


We have such a short growing season, I love to see flowers peeking up in the spring.  Sometimes through the snow.  We planted hyacinths, crocuses, daffodils, and tulips in several places around the yard.


gEEk Dad took a bulb planter and attached a metal fence post to it, so it sort of has a shovel handle rather than the little handheld type handle.  He knows how to take care of me!  Merrick wanted so much to use it, but really he is too light.  Instead he was able to place the bulbs and fill in the holes.

Have you planted any spring bulbs yet?


No comments: