I quickly downloaded the files and found that they opened up in a nice site with tabs and a nifty design, but I couldn't get to the files. I called my gEEk over and he quickly found the source documents so I was able to open the PDF files. That's all I really wanted anyway!
The main study guide PDF consisted of the following sections.
- Key Quotes
- Display Corner
- One factual question
- Two comprehension questions
- Two opinion-type questions.
- Student Explorations
- Community Links
- Social Studies
- Related Themes to Explore
- Culminating Events
- Appendix A is a related book and resource list, beginning with other biographies, and including articles, websites, and videos. Several other YWAM Heroes of History biographies are tied in here also.
- Appendix B - Chapter questions answers.
- Appendix C actually is a separate file and contains the reproducibles needed for the Social Studies activities in chapter 6.
Some of the activities, I thought, will be better suited to Redhanded Homeschool when the boys are a bit older; essay questions, for instance. I anticipate being able to use the Alan Shepard digital unit study again in junior high or high school. And I'll get to be much more hands off!
Find YWAM Publishing on social media.
The YWAM Publishing Blog