Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

May 2, 2014

A is for Attentive

I'm gonna do it!  I'm about to embark on an ABC word study.  Trisha and I decided *ahem* last fall to share a word study with each other.  I found some lists of virtues that sounded lovely and we were each going to immerse ourselves in a word each week and share our study with the other.  I think we completed about ten words before holidays and life got in the way.

Then I decided to start sharing my studies here on my blog.  I have a draft post started for Joy.  Mmm-hmmm.  I'm on a roll.  So here we are at the beginning of a brand new round of Blogging Through the Alphabet with Marcy from Ben and Me.  Oh, yes!  I am on fire people!  On fire.  Umm... actually, I'm exhausted.  My punks and I are traveling.  I'm running.  out. of steam.  But I have one hour and twelve minutes to link up.  Otherwise, well, I will have missed the first linky.  Ptooie!

So, here we are on A.  As you can see, I've chosen Attentive for our A study.  My punks and I recently received the We Choose Virtues cards and A was quite obvious.

We talked about being attentive.  What exactly does it mean?  Hey, pay attention!  What exactly *is* paying attention?  Good grief.  Have we never actually discussed this?  It's noticing someone or something, being aware, interested, and observant.  What is it not?  It's not indifference, neglect, or thoughtlessness.  It's not being disruptive.

Proverbs 19:20 Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.

Let us be attentive to the Lord's still small voice.

A couple of great resources for teaching Attentiveness in your home:
We Choose Virtues
Kids of Integrity




Ben and Me

1 comment:

Karen M in FL said...

You made it. Great job with your A post. I've always done just random things but this round I've decided to feature some of my favorite children's books.