Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Aug 6, 2013

THMJ Week of 7/28/2013

In my life this week…
Merrick is facing front at 18 months.  He loves it.  He was getting way too tall and the seat is difficult to buckle facing rear.  This made things easier for us and fun for him.  My baby is growing up.
Around the yard...
The chicken condo is being enjoyed by Fluffy, Fluffy, Fluffy, Fluffy, Fluffy, and Fluffy.  The first day, we left them in the top level.  They've since figured out the ramp and come down into the grass often.

 
In our homeschool this week…
I found the link to the first two chapters of Apologia's Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics (shared below).  There was a photo contest for several related prizes.  All we needed to do was complete one of the experiments in the sample PDF, take a picture and upload it.  We chose this density experiment.  The boys added a pantload of salt to a glass of water and we used two eggs.  The egg in the salt water was buoyant.  I chose this experiment because the subject of floating in the Dead Sea had come up a few weeks ago.  Perfect tie-in.


Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Here's the link to the first two chapters of Apologia's Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics.  The contest is over, but the link is by the image of the book cover.  You can also see the notebooking and junior notebooking journals on the Apologia blog.  It's nice to get a look at the differences in the two to better choose the suitable one for your children.

Out of the mouths of babes...
Writing to a missionary in Texas, Xav asked, "Do you have Christmas?"  I thought that was sweet and hilarious.

I’m cooking…

I made The Pioneer Woman's cobbler.  This is Patsy's blackberry cobbler, but since we are swimming in blueberries...  It was delicious.  I highly recommend it.  I've also made blueberry muffins and pancakes this week.

I’m grateful for…
My husband's job.

And winning the new Apologia science book and a junior notebooking journal!  Yippee!  I also won Writer's Workshop from Homeschool Chicks NOT Back to School Facebook Party.  My kids are going to HATE this winning streak.  Bwahahahaha!

I rewarded my kids this week by…

Not really a reward per se, but Micah took Xav canoeing over the weekend (Mal went a while back).

I decided to cut Mal's hair.  Lucky kid.  LOL  I was so pleased because I am not a professional barber by a long shot.  I prefer the clippers because the length is always uniform and it takes all of five minutes.  Mal, however, does not like the clippers because the noise and vibration make him nuts.  For an extra TV show and a promise that he could wear earmuffs, he agreed to let me clip him!  WooHOO!  When Xav got home, he got a nice cut too.

Link up, or just read about other homeschoolers at The Homeschool Mother's Journal.



No comments: