Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Jan 7, 2017

My One Word for 2017 ~ Faith


I always have the most difficult time choosing a word for the year when December/January rolls around.  One year, I just chose a verse on which to focus.  Well, this year, because I am a rebel like that, I have chosen a verse that sort of fell into my lap a few times lately.  The verse reminds me, without even using the word, to have faith.



I like to check Webster's 1828 dictionary for word meanings.  (It's funand educational to see how words change over time.)   I chose the definition there that I felt best conveyed Faith in my new year.

4. Evangelical, justifying, or saving faith is the assent of the mind to the truth of divine revelation, on the authority of God's testimony, accompanied with a cordial assent of the will or approbation of the heart; an entire confidence or trust in God's character and declarations, and in the character and doctrines of Christ, with an unreserved surrender of the will to his guidance, and dependence on his merits for salvation. In other words, that firm belief of God's testimony, and of the truth of the gospel, which influences the will, and leads to an entire reliance on Christ for salvation.

Being justified by faith Romans 5:1.

Without faith it is impossible to please God. Hebrews 11:1.

For we walk by faith and not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7.

With the heart man believeth to righteousness. Romans 10:6.

The faith of the gospel is that emotion of the mind, which is called trust or confidence, exercised towards the moral character of God, and particularly of the Savior.

FAITH is an affectionate practical confidence in the testimony of God.

FAITH is a firm, cordial belief in the veracity of God, in all the declarations of his word; or a full and affectionate confidence in the certainty of those things which God has declared, and because he has declared them.
 So there you have it.  Our word for 2017 is FAITH.  And our focus verses are James 1:5-8.  

I hope you feel inspired today, and all year, to have faith.  Do not doubt.  Do not fear.

Much love!



The Homeschool Review Crew is linking up our words.  Come and see what everyone else is thinking about for 2017.



Homeschool Review Crew Reflecting on 2016

No comments: