Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Apr 6, 2017

L is for Lies


Some weeks the Letter of the Week just falls into my brain and I shout: A-HA!  Other weeks, I can never think of a word.  This week, it was the former.

I was in the car, listening to K-Love.  I didn't catch the entire segment, but this caller basically said, "Stop buying the lies, because the Truth is free."

Pretty excellent advice.

Satan cannot create.  He can only twist and warp what is true.  He isn't called the father of lies for nothing.

In John 8, Jesus said:
40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

As homeschoolers, I think we look at everyone's blogs or Facebook posts and believe a lot of lies.

  • Her kids are so much (smarter, well-behaved, godly) than mine.
    • That may be somewhat true, but so what?  You're kids are uniquely them.  There are no other kids like them.  And that's good.  If you think they could use a bit more discipline or a tutor, or a dose of Biblical teaching, then *do* it.  But don't compare them to others.  It just isn't fair to them.
  • Her house is immaculate.
    • Maybe so.  Or maybe she enlists the kids' help before a get together.  Maybe she just spent five weeks purging her home of the excess so she can feel comfortable and in control of her home.  Don't compare your home to hers.  Find contentment in what you have and do what you need to do to get your home to a point that makes you happy.
  • She always looks amazing.
    • If you feel frumpy, get a lovely haircut.  But really, mama, you are pretty amazing yourself.  Just the way you are,  My friends, Bob and Larry, always used to tell me, "God made you special and He loves you very much."
  • Her marriage is perfect.
    • Maybe.  Maybe yours is, too.  Perfect for you.  


We have to stop believing the lies.  The things that hurt us and worry us the most are, quite likely the areas we need to focus on for a season.  Let go of what you can and banish those lies, mama.

What are some of the lies you believe?  Take your receipt and return them to their maker.



A Net In Time Schooling


No comments: