Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Jan 27, 2017

B is for Breathe


I had a B is for... post half written in my head.  Yes, in my head.  Then my head forgot it.  While trying to remember and going through my regular day, I kept telling myself to breathe.  Just breathe.  And, well now, isn't that a song?  I like music related posts.  Also, I like reminders of things I *should* be doing.  Well, gentle reminders.  And songs can hit you like a ton of bricks and still remind you gently.

In Sesame Street's Follow that Bird! Big Bird is moving to a new home halfway across the country.  All of his friends are giving him sage advice.  My favorite came from Grover.  "Don't forget to breathe.  In *and* out!"  What great advice.  Seriously.  Do you find yourself holding your breath?  Don't do that.  Let it out.  You breathe in oxygen and breathe out carbon dioxide.  In other words, you inhale the good stuff and exhale the bad stuff.

In the song Breathe by Jonny Diaz, he sings
Breathe, just breathe
Come and rest at My feet
And be, just be
Chaos calls but all you really need
Is to take it in fill your lungs
The Peace of God that overcomes
Just breathe
Let your weary spirit rest
Lay down what's good and find what's best
Just breathe
  1. The Peace of God that overcomes - The peace of Christ surpasses our understanding.  I pray that for each of you.  This is a very tumultuous time for many right now.  Everyone is testing and fighting and accusing.  Let's rest in the Peace of Christ.
  2. Lay down what's good and find what's best - This reminds me so much of Martha and Mary.  How often do I forget what is best in favor of what is "right now" (it might not even be that good, just pressing)?  The Lord wanted Martha to breathe in what He was offering and to breathe out the troubles of her mind.
May you find peace and remember to breathe today.  In and out.
     
     





Hopkins Homeschool

Other B is for... post:  Bitterness

Biblical References:
1. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. KJV Phil 4:7
2. Luke 10:38-42

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Breathe, breathe, okay, now tackle it...

:) sometimes clears the overwhelmed feelings!!

Unknown said...

Nicely stated. Sometimes that's all I can remember to do some days! Thanks for the reminder!

Kirsten West said...

I love your take on "breathe"!