Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Sep 17, 2014

My Seven Minute Life ~ The 7 Minute Daily Planner Review

Recently, I received The 7 Minute Life Daily Planner through the Schoolhouse Review Crew.  Allyson Lewis and her team at The 7 Minute Life, really put a lot of thought about time management, organization, and strategy in to this planner.

Read all the way to the bottom to find out about the free "There's Never Enough Time!" webinar.

I just adore that little "prioritize. organize. simplify." graphic.

The planner is approximately 7.5" x 8.5," paperback with plastic covers, wire binding so it lays flat or can be folded over.  Each of the 90 days has a two day spread.  271 pages.

The somewhat lengthy preface walks you step by step through each section of the planner.  You really need to do this work up front to utilize The 7 Minute Life Daily Planner.  You will not regret investing the time required to read and complete the tasks.  I knew going into this review, that I was going to be taking a long and possibly eye-opening, maybe even painful, look at my life and my days.  Thankfully, it wasn't actually painful, more like freeing.  It reinforced some of the thinking about where my focus has been and where I wanted it to be.

The prioritize your values list of nearly 80 words helps you narrow your focus for each day.  I checked off half of those words in the first round!  I then needed to narrow that to the ten most important things in my life.  I maybe kind of cheated here, since I ended up with seventeen words on the list.  I really thought some of the words were synergistic and I listed them as such.  For instance, Order and Balance were not different priorities to me.  I also teamed up Faith with Legacy and Teaching with Learning.  Your ability to be a stickler to the ten priorities may vary.

Discovering my purpose was difficult.  Probably the most difficult of all of the activities involved in setting up the planner.  In the corporate world, "way back when," I never was good at the year end evaluations we were required to write about ourselves.  What are my five and ten year goals?  That sort of thing.  Because, honestly, I didn't intend to be in that city in ten years, let alone that company, and probably not that line of work.  I decided as I worked on my purpose, I needed to think about it in smaller increments than lifetime.  I know what I'd like people to think about me at the end of my life, but right now, I need to think about what a specific fraction of the collective people in my life "catch" from me.  Right now, in this season, I have little people to guide and a husband to love on.  They are my priorities and, essentially, My Purpose.  God has put me here, and I'm at bat.  There's no one on deck.  I have a purpose for this season and when this season is over (all too quickly, I know), I can think about what's next.

This time management tool also has pages for Home Repair, Meeting Planner, and an Exercise Log, as well as other organization helps.  The Unfinished Tasks and Mental Clutter lists are invaluable for someone like me, who forgets everything and is overwhelmed by all that needs to be in my brain, but fell out.

To keep me on track, the Daily Progress Report two-page spread is terrific.  I did alter the Daily Contacts section and make it my prayer list.  Let's face it, I just don't see or call that many people in a day.  Rather than rewrite it every day, I just folded the left side of the left page behind itself so I could see the previous list, which I updated.  The 5 before 11 section is a great way to get myself going in the morning.  I use it to remind myself to do laundry, empty the dishwasher, print pages the boys would need for school the following week, pick some veggies, start dinner in the crockpot, you know, all those super interesting things I do during the day...  This part also is a log for drinking water, tracking meals, hours of sleep the previous night, minutes of exercise that day.  Some of the things I wrote in my planner are personal (for me and for those I'm praying for), so I'm sharing a screenshot from the 7 Minute Life website.  Remember, this is just one side of the two daily pages.


The folks at 7 Minute life are so committed to helping you control your time, rather than being controlled by it, that they offer scads of free printables and videos to guide you through many of the processes utilized in The 7 Minute Life Daily Planner.

This planner is great for WAHMs, bloggers, business owners and their employees.  SAHMs may also find The 7 Minute Daily Life Planner valuable in getting control of life with only slight moderations.  If you need to streamline your day, this is a great planner to see what's working, what isn't, and how to organize the difference.  If you are ready to start and finish your days with a plan, this might be just the time strategy tool for you.
Cost: $24.95 for a 90 day planner.

Join the "There's Never Enough Time" webinar at The 7 Minute Life, Thursday, September 18, 2014 at 10-11AM CST.  There's no charge, but you will need to register.

You can learn more about the process behind The 7 Minute Daily Planner by watching these short videos.

The 7 Minute Life on Social Media:
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Google+
You Tube


Click to read Crew Reviews

Crew Disclaimer

No comments: