Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

May 5, 2014

THMJ Week of 4/20/14

Happy Easter
He is risen!

    In my life this week…

He lives, He lives,
Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me
Along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives,
Salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart.
Alfred Ackley Wrote the Lyrics to the Hymn He Lives, I Serve a Risen Savior 
Merrick has figured out how to climb out of the crib without bonking his head and now he does it at nap time when I'm trying to have school with the bigger littles.

    In our homeschool this week…

"For fun" Xav made a cube by tracing one of Merrick's Duplo bricks six times, cutting it out, and folding it.  On his own.  Did I mention it was for fun?  He loved that it was a cross before he folded it.

Also "for fun" Xav made another jellyfish in a bottle.  He gathered almost everything he needed on his own, after watching a demonstration video.

    In Rangers this week... 
No Rangers.  It's Easter!

    What we're reading... 
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

    Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

Thursday was Take Your Child to Work Day.  Malachi and Xavier went with Dad.  Mal was a bit reluctant, but he eventually realized it wasn't going to be a completely terrible experience.  They came home with loads of loot and plenty of stories to tell.  Then Dad had to stay up late, working from home to complete everything he hadn't been able to do while the yahoos were in his office.
"Hey!
Being here isn't so bad at all!"
~Malachi

Our homeschool co-op's dessert theater with Xav.  We were entertained by an all girl version of The Ransom of Red Chief (now AKA The Ransom of Emily Jane).   It was cute and funny and the cast did a wonderful job!  And the desserts were pretty good, too!
Xav on the set with Mrs. R.

Micah went for a run and took Xav on his bike.  They went 6.6 miles.  Micah had to push Xav uphill the last half mile! 

I’m cooking…
Quiche

    Out of the mouths of boys... 
Xavier and I were discussing how Daddy's job enables me to stay home all day with him and his brothers.  He is kind of intrigued about daycare, even though he's at an age where he would be in public school and not daycare.  He asked if we could visit the little daycare in town next to the grocery store.  He wants to see what they play all day and go meet his future bride.
"Anywhere there is a handsome seven year old boy, you will find a beautiful seven year old girl."
I asked him what would make a girl beautiful.
"A flower necklace and a pretty dress."
He also told me that even though his grandmas' faces have gotten lumpy, he thinks they are still beautiful.  I told him that was because he looks at the inside, at a person's heart, not just the outside.

On the way home from the play, Xav informed me a cube has pretty much always been his favorite shape.  "That's why I've been bragging about them for years."

Merrick playing with Lego dudes.
Lego #1: Ride?
Lego #2 (while Merrick nods head) : OK
Merrick stacks two Lego dudes.
Lego #2: Nanoo. (That's how Merrick says, "Thank you.")


    A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

I bought a coil binder thingy from a friend of mine.  Jenny threw in a boatload of confetti for free!


This week's reviews:
Schoolhouse Review Crew CTC Math (including my review)
Schoolhouse Review Crew Homeschool Adventure Co.

No comments: