Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Apr 20, 2014

THMJ Week of 4/6/14

    In my life…
At Mal's nine year check up (which went well until the vax), I saw this sad note on the wall.

Merrick now replies to I love yous with, "La you, too."  Melts this mama's heart.

    In our homeschool…

Our Mexican jumping bean "hatched."  See that little, tiny moth on the bean to the right?


    In our homeschool co-op... 
Magic School Bus Science - Cracks a Yolk episode.  We opened an egg into a dish and identified all the parts.  Then I read Benjamin's Box, showed the class my resurrection eggs, and let them choose something from my treasure chest.  I reminded them that Jesus is the greatest treasure of all.
Wiggles and Giggles - Merrick participated this week. 
Duct Tape Art - We're still working on our duct tape bags we started last class.
Amazing Body - Teeth!
Nature - Geodes!
Arts and Crafts - Top Secret Mother's Day gifts were begun, I believe.
Archery - Lots of bowing and arrowing.
Library trip afterward.  Merrick did his usual coloring and do-a-dot markering while the boys chose books.  We borrowed Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel to go along with a Maestro Classics CD we've been listening to.

Homeschool running group started this Thursday.  This is an eight week group for kids and moms.  Once in a while, a dad comes along.  I pushed Merrick's stroller for a mile.  Walking.  Slowly.  But on Saturday, I did a four mile Leslie Sansone video.

    In Rangers... 
Merrick rushing to Rainbows.


V verse: Verily, verily, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give it to you. John 16:23

    What we're reading... 
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 

    In the yard...
Our chickens laid three eggs one day.  Hmmm... one doesn't look quite right.


Then, Saturday, they really did lay three eggs.  Things are picking up in the hen house!

    Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Lowe's Build and Grow had a recycling truck.  Micah took all the yahoos along.

    I’m cooking…
PDubs whiskey cream sauce and blackberry cobbler.

No comments: