Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Feb 10, 2014

THMJ Week of 1/26/14

    In my life this week…
My friend, Susanne invited me to attend the Every Woman Breakfast Cafe at her church.  The speaker was Leo Martin, director of education at Jenny House Museum in Plymouth, MA.  He told a tale wonderfully and shared many little known facts from Pilgrim history.  It was a shame we didn't know about The Jenny Grist Mill when we went to Plymouth in 2011 (they moved to the Jenny House *after* that trip).  

    In our homeschool this week…

I finally got back to sort of scheduling our days.  For school, anyway.  I do a week at a time and just make sure everything is on the correct number of days I want to cover. Simple enough.  Now everyone knows at a glance what we are doing before school can be over.  No one needs to ask me a thousand times.  There are, thankfully, things that can be done while Merrick is still awake now, mostly on the computer.  We are fitting more into the day, by adding assignments to the morning instead of trying to cram it all into Merrick's nap.  I really like how that is turning out.

    In our homeschool co-op this week... 
Magic School Bus Science class studied light this week.  It followed our color lesson from last time quite nicely.  We did the "broken" pencil and appearing penny tricks, and used a spoon to learn about convex and concave reflections.
Duct Tape class - Mal covered a box and made a belt.
Amazing Body class - I guess Mal stuffed some guts into his skeleton.
Nature class - Xav learned about a couple of extreme habitats and how the camel and polar bear live in them. 
Art class - Xav made a pie tin tambourine.
Archery - Xav popped all his balloons.
Merrick wasn't able to be in Wiggles and Giggles this week.  

    What we're reading...
Box Car Children
Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims 

    Around the house...
We're learning to hoola hoop.  I'm not good yet, but Xav picked it up quickly.  Merrick loves it, too!



    Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Xav and Merrick had checkups.  They're both healthy, tall, and heavy, but they look pretty skinny to me.  Merrick has a giant melon.  He gets that from his dad.
At Rangers this week, the N verse was "No man can serve two masters."  Matthew 6:24    


    My kiddos favorite thing this week was…

The boys had a pinewood derby race for Rangers Saturday.  Xav got second place in his age group.



    Things Dad is working on...
He finished construction of the derby "cars" and managed to not have a stroke when he saw the paint jobs.


  

    I’m grateful for…
Healthy children, a warm home, a loving family...

I'm linking up over at The Homeschool Mother's Journal, which by the way, is no longer restricted by writing prompts if that has kept you from contributing.  Personally, I have loved having the prompts and have been using the provided ones as well as some of my own.

No comments: