Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Sep 7, 2013

THMJ Month of August!



    In our homeschool this month…
We took off about 2 1/2 weeks of school in August.  First, there was company, then we left for a week, then we had company again.  That was our whopping big summer break. 
We did spend a few nights under the stars watching the Perseid meteor shower.  Daddy came home one night and busted the boys out of bed.
The Fed-Ex guy dropped off our new math books. I said, "It's our math! The boys are going to be so excited!" And he and I laughed and laughed.

    Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

The boys and I headed to NY to visit all the grandparents for a week and then bring Grandma of the Forest back home with us for a few days.  We went to two beaches and a swimming pool, and a playground with the cousins.  Grandma Char kept some combination or other of two boys (God love her!), so I could go help Grandma Jeannie for a few days.

    My favorite thing this month was…

Watching Merrick play with my nephew Jackson's hamster.  Oh goodness! His giggle was delightful! 

    My kiddos favorite thing this month was…

The Arcade and Attica train ride!  Without a doubt.  Mal was excited prior to boarding, but was quiet for most of the trip.  I thought he was disappointed, but he talks about it all the time and looks forward to taking another train ride.

    Things I’m working on…

Grandma of the Forest painted our living room while she was here.  I helped during Merrick's naptime, but mostly my assignment was to keep him out of trouble.  Hoo Boy!  That kid is all GO!  He is exhausting.  I lost my wall vinyl due to the painting, so now I need a new decoration.

    I’m cooking…
Berry butters (not cooking them actually!), cobblers, some freezer meals for my step-mom, s'mores, my favorite tortilla chip dip of chevre and salsa, canned some jam, froze muffins, and pancakes.  Micah made mozzarella, pizza, and bagels this month.  August was a delicious month!

    Out of the mouths of babes... 
Found a small cache of blackberries (my favorite!) in the yard.  When I realized they were ripe, I went on a hunt to a few known bushes around the yard.  All of them were picked clean.  Xavier stood there rubbing his chin.  "Huh.  All gone.  I *wonder* where all those berries went."  Followed by a maniacal cackle.  Yeah, I wonder too.  Punk.

Another good one (this time in Micah's own words and swiped off his FB page:
So the other day we were painting the living room so I had the television and all the associated accoutrement disconnected and in a pile on a chair. I go into the garage a bit to work on something and Xavier comes out and asks if he can play Hank. (This is Mario Cart on the Wii. I have no idea why they think his name is Hank.) I was about to say no because the TV isn't even there when I decide to be a smart ass.

"Sure Xav, you can go in and play as much as you want!"

He run in all excited and I snicker to myself because I'm evil. About a minute later I feel someone looking at me. I look out of the garage door and see Xavier staring at me through slitted eyes. "What?", I say.

"You're deshpicable." and then he stalks away.

 

    Something I want to try...
I want to try this fun archaeology project I saw on Facebook.  I don't know where it comes from originally.

Dinosaur eggs: 1 1/4 cups dirt, 1 1/4 cups flour, 3/4 cups of salt, 1/2 cup if sand. mix dry ingredients start adding water slowly until it holds form, form around critters of your choice let dry in the sun and let the kids enjoy discovering whats inside.

    I rewarded my kids this week by…
Dad set up the tent in the basement and camped out with them down there a couple of nights.

    A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

“Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.” Billy Graham

No comments: